Thursday, May 19, 2011

Looking for Black Teen Girls for Healthy Lifestyle Workshop

SIHLE (Sisters Informing Healing Living & Empowering) is a program that helps teen girls learn how to avoid STDs/HIV, communicate personal feelings and make better life choices. We are looking for girls ages 14 to 18 who are interested in participating in this 4 day workshop.

The work shops will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2pm to 5pm at The E3 Center in West Philadelphia; SIHLE begins next week (5/24/11). The girls must be available to attend all four sessions and stay for the entire 3 hours. All participants will receive gift cards, food and lots of great information. If you or someone you know is interested in participating in this program please contact Tiffany Bacon at (267) 350-7672 or tbacon@phmc.org. SIHLE is a program of The Public Health Management Corporation.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds great but teen girls are in school until 3pm I Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea but the hours.... I will call you sometime today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I like the idea too, but the hours are bad :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the feedback. Until school closes we are looking for girls who have dropped out of school or those with an early senior schedule. We will continue this program thoughout the summer for the girls who are in school. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastor Cheryl BoydMay 23, 2011 at 1:32 PM

    I have some parents at my church who are interested in getting their teens involved. Do you have a waiting list for the next session? Can you put me on a mail list? caboyd8@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious to know if this program is still taking place?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, it was great talking to you last week! Just thought I'd remind you....I'm still waiting for you to contact my daughter for the phone interview and the next step in the process of becoming a part of your group. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete