Friday, May 27, 2011

My Six Degrees of The Roots Story: Pass The Popcorn!

So I have a six degrees of the Roots story as well. Back in the early 1990's, while I was a student at Temple University, I was a member of a student production company named Group Stone Productions. We were a fiercely professional group of under 22 year olds. Our founder Abdul Jackson was friends with Ahmir ?uestlove Thompson. Their friendship led to Group Stone Productions shooting the video for The Roots Pass The Popcorn. Yours truly worked on the shoot. A very famous director was also member of Group Stone Productions, his name is Benny Boom. Yes Benny and I are Owls who cut our teeth on the same "Stone."  Check out The work of Group Stone Productions with The Roots first video Pass The Popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment